Year-Round Employment Opportunities
Full Time - Competitive
Friends of the Zoo is seeking a Catering Sales Manager to convert catering leads into forever clients, using lead generation and traditional and non-traditional sales techniques. The Catering Sales Manager will make connections with prospective clients, guide tours of the facility, present package options, follow-up on sales calls, book events, and drive revenue, while embodying the culture of Friends of the Rosamond Gifford Zoo. The Catering Sales Manager may also assist in the execution of events as need dictates and time allows. All Catering Sales Managers will also be tasked with administrative responsibilities that will vary from week to week.
Reports to: Director of Food & Beverage
Supervises: Event Coordinator
Job Overview: The primary goal of the Sales Manager position is to convert catering leads into forever clients, using lead generation, and traditional and non-traditional sales techniques. The Catering Sales Manager will make connections with prospective clients, guide tours of the facility, present package options, follow-up on sales calls, book events, and drive revenue, while embodying the culture of Friends of the Rosamond Gifford Zoo. A Catering Sales Manager may also assist in the execution of events as need dictates and time allows. All Catering Sales Managers will also be tasked with administrative responsibilities that will vary from week to week.
Essential Job Functions:
To accomplish the catering revenue goals and objectives for Catering at the Zoo, it is expected that the Catering Sales Manager will regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment. The manager is responsible for the highest levels of guest satisfaction to maintain and ensure retention and growth of business. Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to work without significant oversight or day-to-day direction effectively and efficiently. The position may entail irregular hours to meet guest needs.
- Conduct private and group sales tours, both in person and virtual, for; Social, Corporate, Non-Profit, and Wedding prospective clients.
- Book events, developing agreements and deposit requests, converting 50% of firsts to booked events
- Work to achieve personal and team sales goals, consistently and proactively
- Curate leads via phone, email, in person, and referrals, and follow all lead management protocols
- Suggest the latest industry-trend solutions to support bookings and guest requests
- Schedule and conduct final visits; inventory and detail final arrangements for the operations team to follow.
- Must commit to 15 outside sales calls per week
- Manage seamless transition of events to Catering Coordinators and Catering Ops Team
- Provide accurate and timely information to clients, vendors, management, and planners
- Oversees the preparation and modification of event contracts for all clients
- Coordinates with Executive Chef for event menu planning and execution
- Participate in industry trade shows and marketing events
- Manage existing accounts for client re-soliciting to capture future bookings
- Partner with Friends of the Zoo Marketing department to execute marketing programs, updated collateral, and relevant catering marketing materials that will increase demand and drive revenue
- Develop and maintain relationships with area non-food vendors
- Be an expert on all packages, as well as the details of each room and rule of the venue
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Adhere to Friends of the Zoo policies and protocols
- Maintain professional business image and appearance standards
- Work to resolve any guest complaints with urgency
- Foster a healthy working environment based on mutual respect and professionalism
- Attend and participate in weekly BEO meetings with Catering team
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly assigned reporting
- Requires ability to read and comprehend a variety of documents, including sales contracts, vendor agreements, sales reports, etc.; Requires the ability to prepare reports, schedules, memos, contracts, etc. with proper format, content, punctuation, grammar, and spelling using all parts of speech; Requires the ability to speak with others with poise, appropriate decorum, voice control and confidence.
- Requires the ability to add and subtract totals, multiply and divide, determine percentages and decimals and to determine time; must be able to use practical applications of fractions, percentages, ratio, and proportion.
- Must possess a valid NYS Driver’s license and maintain automobile insurance.
- Ability to work autonomously, using sound discretion and independent judgment, as well as with a team.
- May be required to work nights and/or weekends for events to ensure coverage.
Required Training and Experience:
- 3-5 Years in a Hospitality Management role, preferable a Sales Position
- A high school diploma is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Completion of a successful background check is required for employment.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.