Pic of the Month Contest
The Rosamond Gifford Zoo's Pic of the Month contest offers participants a chance to submit a photo taken each month of the year at the Rosamond Gifford Zoo for fun, recognition and prizes. We invite the public to submit their photos at the link below.
Our theme for the July contest is "Summer Fun at the Zoo!" Guests may submit one photo this month showcasing people or animals enjoying summer fun in the sun!
- Submit your photo by the 3rd of each month via Google form (link below). Photos must be taken within the previous 30 days. Example: photos taken in July may be submitted by August 3.
- Photos from previous month will be judged and winners announced on the 5th of each month.
- Photos must be no smaller than 1 MB and no larger than 7 MB. Photos may be taken with a smart phone, but must be high-resolution, at least 300 dpi.
- Winning photos must show our zoo animals at their best in a caring, respectful light. Photos must focus on zoo animals, not on mesh, fencing or infrastructure. Please take photos from public pathways only!
- Winners will receive a 12” plush animal, a zoo guest pass, and have their photos displayed on the zoo’s social media, event website and in MyZoo Magazine.
- Winners may claim their prize at the zoo membership desk within 60 days.
- By submitting your photo, you grant the zoo the right to use it to promote the zoo or zoo events. The zoo will credit the photographer where possible. Please don’t add a watermark.
- During January only, receive free zoo admission by presenting a camera (one per group) at the zoo ticket booth. Cell phones don’t count!