For the health and welfare of the precious animals in our care, please show respect and good behavior on zoo grounds.
- Please do not throw objects at, tap or bang on glass viewing windows or make loud noises that might stress or scare the animals.
- Our keepers prepare special meals for all of the animals - Please do not attempt to feed any zoo animal.
- The beautiful zoo landscaping is maintained by hardworking garden club volunteers. Please respect our natural scenery by refraining from climbing trees, picking flowers or disturbing the landscape in any way.
- Please do not climb on rocks, exhibit fencing or other non-pedestrian surfaces for your safety and that of other guests.
- Please respect all fences and barriers throughout the zoo, as they are for the safety and protection of our guests and our animals.
- Anyone behaving inappropriately or dangerously will be asked to leave or escorted from the zoo. If you see something, say something: Seek out a member of our staff and report it immediately.
You may not see every animal when you visit the zoo as most have the choice to come in our go out for their own comfort and exhibits are also subject to change. The zoo does not issue rain checks or refunds. You are welcome to make a second loop around the zoo to see if an animal is out.
You are welcome to take photographs and video of your experience at the zoo from public areas for personal use. During your visit, you may be photographed or filmed by the zoo or authorized parties. Your attendance/admission serves as permission for use of these images by the zoo. Commercial photography or filming is prohibited without permission. If you intend to take photographs for professional or commercial use, please contact our public relations department at (315) 435-8511 x8534.
The Rosamond Gifford Zoo is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vape-free facility. For the safety of our visitors and animals, the zoo does not permit smoking, or the use of any other tobacco or related products, in zoo buildings or on zoo grounds. We appreciate your cooperation.
Guests must be fully dressed -- shirt and shoes required for admission. The zoo also has a safety policy prohibiting costumes that conceal a person's identity. Please also keep in mind that we are a child-friendly facility; attire with suggestive or vulgar images is not considered appropriate.
Pets are not permitted on zoo grounds, in the parking lot or in cars. For the health and safety of our animals, only on-duty service animals are permitted to visit the zoo.